Sharjah Entrepreneurship Foundation “Ruwad” seeks to expand the base of small and medium enterprises in Sharjah to maximize the benefit of the national entrepreneurs to take advantage from the technical support services provided by the Foundation. The membership program is created to offer the needed support services for the national projects according to the needs of each one.
Membership program objectives
The membership program achieves number of objectives such as the following:
- Expanding the base of emerging national projects benefiting from the services of “Ruwad” Foundation.
- Developing non-financial technical support programs to improve the efficiency and performance of SMEs.
- Creating a large base of small enterprises in different economic activities to build a network of cooperation and integration among them under the umbrella of “Ruwad” Foundation.
- Developing mall enterprises in accordance with the mechanisms and requirements of the labor market and working on enhancing their competitiveness.
- Creating a link between government organizations and institutions, private sector and the SME sector.
The Beneficiary Member shall be granted the following privileges:
- Joining the local and inferential relations network.
- Pursuing the project and providing development and improvement consultation.
- Granting the members with the priority to benefit from the programs, projects or activities of the Foundation with limited participation.
- Representing the Foundation in internal and external authorities in the events or meetings.
- Working under the patronage of “Ruwad” Foundation to strengthen the bonds of cooperation with the local and international business environment.
The Membership Program provides the following services to beneficiaries:
- Exemption from the bank guarantee of the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation.
- Participation in promotional activities, either by published or printed materials, or in any way that the Foundation believes that it is a good way for promote the projects of the members.
- Giving members a reduction of up to 50% of the fees for participation in exhibitions held at Sharjah Expo Centre.
- Providing reduced legal services.
- Providing technological interconnection with international bodies and companies specialized in technology support for various economic activities.
- Offering investment opportunities for member projects provided by the Foundation in cooperation with strategic partners.
- Providing financial advice and accounting services at nominal fees.
- Providing studies and consulting required for business development.
- Supporting members of the government and the private sector to give priority to obtaining purchases and commercial contracts. Also, offering the necessary exemptions and reductions after the approval of the concerned parties.
- Providing training programs to raise the level of performance with nominal fees.
- Supporting member projects to obtain Franchise opportunities to enhance their competitive position.
- Granting the opportunity to participate in international exhibitions related to the project in which the Foundation participates at or at which Sharjah Commerce & Tourism Development Authority takes part at.
- To be an Emirati citizen (local).
- Applicant should not have more than five licenses.
- Project should be implemented in Sharjah.
- Project must be in the name of the applicant.
- Organization should approve the admission application after studying the project.
- Project should not be existing in the market for more than five years.
- Exemption from the bank guarantee should be granted to the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation after one year from the date of actual commencement of the activity (moved to privileges or canceled).
- Project must adhere to Foundation’s instructions and requirements after joining the membership.
- The Foundation have the right to suspend or terminate the membership if the violation of the project proves the conditions, procedures or rules.
- To obtain exemptions from the bank guarantee of the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation, the number of project employees shall not be less than 4 employees in the project.
Membership duration should be at least three years.
This membership can be renewed by a decision of the Board of Directors of the Foundation based on the study of the request submitted by the renewal of the member.
Also, the Board of Directors or the Executive Committee have the right to extend the period of membership if it was a distinguished one to promote the distinctive national projects.
Required documents for Memebrship
- A study containing a general summary of the idea of the project.
- Copy of valid trade license when application is submitted.
- Detailed list of the employees working in the project.
- Disclosure of the number of licenses owned by the applicant or all partners.
- Company statement for the last six months.
- A statement of current loans obtained from banks to finance the existing project (if any).
- The company’s budget for the last year.
- Submit the copy of the lease after authentication.
- Copy of the Commercial Register.
- Copy of passport, and family book for the owner of the project and all partners (if any).
- Two personal photos.
- CV of the project owner and all partners (if any).
- Detailed project information include the following aspects:
- Detailed description of project activities and services.
- A summary of the project work plan for the next three years includes the following:
- The current project position, potential future opportunities and the proposed development plan.
- Detailed data on the target market and the quality of customers and competitors, current and potential.
- Analysis of opportunities and challenges as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the project.
Required documents when applying for Membership
- Fill in the registration form.
- Request to “Ruwad” Foundation.
- Copy of passport, family book, and ID (applicant and partners).
- Copy of academic qualification (applicant and partners).
- Applicant and partners CV.
- Statement of licenses owned by the applicant.
- Copy of commercial register and partnership contract (for existing companies).
- Copy of tenancy contract (for existing projects / new projects in the actual incorporation stages).
- A statement of current loans obtained from banks to finance the existing project.
- Account statement for the last 6 months for the salary of the applicant (if any).
- Statement of account for the last 6 months (existing projects).
- Final budget for the last two years (existing projects).